Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Gospel-Driven Church: A Missional Way for the Pro-Life Passion

The Gospel-Driven Church: A Missional Way for the Pro-Life Passion
by Jared Wilson

Let me lay my cards on the table:

1) If you put overturning Roe v. Wade to a popular vote, I'm in line early ready to vote in favor of protecting the approximately one million unborn babies killed each year, and if you're a politician, the best way to lose my vote is to align with the pro-choice agenda.

2) Nevertheless, I don't believe laws -- or the protests and petitions and politicking that seek to achieve them -- are how we are going to eradicate abortion. Overturning Roe v. Wade is a win -- and it's a win we should work for -- but in my way of thinking, it is notthe win.

The emancipation of the slaves was necessary. But it didn't end racism.

I am not proposing an either/or. What I'm proposing is that evangelicals take the harder route, adopt the harder cause, that we aim for Spiritual change of hearts more than we aim for legal stay of hands.

Read the rest of the article here

No comments: