Friday, January 27, 2012

The Gospel in a Nutshell

I have been reading through a list of Gospel definitions complied by Trevin Wax and I believe I have landed on what (in my view) is my favorite definition/summary:

"Jesus Christ, God's promised rescuer and ruler lived our life, died our death and rose again in triumphant vindication as the first-fruits of the new creation to bring forgiven sinners together by the Holy Spirit to live under his gracious reign as His Kingdom people." - Steve Timmis


Why do I particularly favor this definition?

1. The Triune God is present
2. Community is included
3. Christ is central
4. Christ's atoning work is presented
5. It captures the story ( Old Testament, New Testament, New Creation)
6. It is graphic and compelling (therefore, I believe, better suited for memorization)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: