Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Beware! Prosperity Gospel 101

This past Sunday, I spoke from Gal. 1:6-12 on the nature and danger of adjusted Gospels. I named a few of the current popular Prosperity Gospel teachers like TD Jakes, Joyce Meyer, and Joel Osteen. I did not name them in order to "bash" them or those who follow them. My genuine concern was to point out that what they are teaching is not the biblical Gospel "once for all delivered to the saints" (Jude 1:3). False teaching is dangerous and it is the responsibility of the shepherd to point out what it is and where it is coming from to the church (Matt. 7:15; cp. Act 20:28-30; 2 Pet. 2:1; 1 John 4:1). I had requests from a few folks after the service who shared the same concern and asked for more information. Watch the video I have posted here. John Piper does a great job explaining why this is dangerous teaching. Below are a few articles I would absolutely recommend in order to get a better understanding on what Prosperity Gospel is and what these teachers are teaching:

·         What Ever Happened to Sin?

No comments: